The Salem Band Boosters organization seeks to support all aspects of the “Pride of Salem” band programs at Salem High School, in Salem, VA. Marching Band, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Winter Guard, and Percussion Theater are all included.
Here are some of the activities of the Band Booster Organization:
- Supporting the band by encouraging families to attend events.
- Communications. We try to keep parents informed about band and booster activities.
- Food. We provide snacks, drinks, and meals for the band on many, many occasions.
- Fundraising. An active, high quality band program is expensive. We raise money to help pay expenses.
- Sewing. Band and color guard uniforms need to be fitted! (and repaired, etc.).
- More sewing. All of the color guard flags must be sewn and mounted on poles.
- Acknowledging the hard work of the band staff.
- We help make band travel arrangements (bus, hotel, etc.). We provide directions so families can attend competitions. We also help arrange chaperones for these trips.
- Photos and videos. We collect and display band photos, and produce a year end video at modest cost.
- Fun events. We coordinate fun activities (pool party, dinners, etc.) for band members and band families.
The Salem Band Boosters is a non-profit organization.